Meet Marcus. Remember yesterday I mentioned that the Nikon 24mm 1.4 is a people lens. That’s really where it shines. Had I not been exploring the streets of Nevada with it, I would have never met Marcus. He’s a local barkeep that invited me to learn about the history of his pub. Here are a few things I would have never learned had I not been photographing with this lens.
- There are two local biker gangs in town.
- The tile trough along the bar was used by patrons that didn’t want to walk all the way to the restroom.
- I’d wouldn’t stay at that hotel, the 3rd floor is haunted.
- This town is littered with underground tunnels.
- If you see someone under a pool table in that bar, they’re either dead or passed out.
- This town has a large transient ranching population.
- Until recently, the train ran right through town. It was rerouted because people were idiots and tried to beat it across the tracks.
- I wouldn’t call this town, ‘Vegetarian Friendly’.