Get the Free Good Newsletter

Click Here!
To learn more about the newsletter

 
 

A Quiet Conversation

I often wonder if I should post images like this. They aren’t the type of photos that will win awards or grace the cover of a magazine. Nope, they are images of quiet little places off of the beaten path, places that you might never notice. I think about this often. I actually worry about it. Do I drive people away from here, because the image is simple and not spectacular? After pondering this for a long time, I’ve come to the conclusion that I make and share images because that is what I do. On top of that, the people that visit here on a regular basis also like these images. Even better, the people that visit here that like these types of images are very cool! No kidding, when I talk to people that I’ve met through this site, we click immediately. So I’ve concluded that sharing these images and the many others I have shared over that last 4 years (some simple and some spectacular) is a good thing…no…it’s a great thing! Why, because I’ve met a lot of great people doing so. Thanks to everyone who visits here and allows these little adventures to be part of your day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

  1. I once worried about the same thing Justin but continue to post some images that I like but may not be spectacular to others. At the end of the day, our photos speak to who we are and I think that is more important that getting extra comments, likes or pluses. I like the serenity of this photo and would love to sit there and contemplate life.

  2. Roger Maillette says:

    I take the same type of pictures also and love it. A good exercise in composition.

    When I show 2 or 3 prints people are just ‘like’ them but if I have a booklet of 25-30 pictures they see my point of view and ‘love’ the series.

    Justin, keep them coming please!!!!

    • Thanks for the note Roger! I’m glad you like the photos and I will do my best to keep it up. I would love to see your work as well…feel free to share a link or two. Have a great day…

      Justin

  3. I enjoy all your pictures. The simple and the spectacular. Thanks for sharing. :-)

  4. Yup, you keep me motivated to be a better photographer, and 95% of the time I open your email because I wonder “what is it this time?”. (The other 5% is when the inbox is crazy and you sadly slide down the importance scale. Hey, it’s life, right?) Keep the images YOU like coming…cause that’s why we take the time. :)

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you

*