The ‘Big World Little Lens (TM)’ series of eBooks are dedicated to the world of iPhone Photography. Their goal is simple, to help you explore your own creativity and at the same time connect with the moments in your life. Whether it is a trip to Paris, a family reunion, or a walk in the park these books will ensure that your iPhone has you covered!
Learn To Make Images Like This With Your iPhone
The Complete Guide to iPhone Photography
$9.97 Get it for your iPad here
Don’t Have an iPad? Don’t worry. You can get it for all other devices at Flatbooks.com
The first book in the Big World Little Lens Series will teach you everything you need to know about taking great photos with your iPhone. Plus it’s a fun read!
Included in this book are videos highlighting some of my favorite apps, 10 tips to improve your iPhone Photography, apps and workflow recommendations, gear suggestions, a Hipstamatic flash/film/lens comparison, and ways to send as well as extend your Instagr.am. The final section presents a gallery of my iPhone images from around the world highlighting the apps I used to make them.
Download Materials – Download the following images to use in the ‘Darkroom’ chapter of the eBook. They are provided so you can follow along as we walk through the processing videos. Just click on the image to get the original version you can save to your iPhone’s camera roll.
There are multiple ways to stay up to date with what is going on here at Hossedia.com, as well as the Big World Little Lens (TM) series of books. You can choose your favorite social outlet and ‘like’ (Facebook), ‘follow’ (Twitter), or ‘circle’ (Google+) us. Also, you can sign up for our monthly ‘Good Newsletter’. As the name implies, it’s full of nothing but Good News! In it you will find iTunes Recommendations, an iPhone Photography related story, a free iPad wallpaper, general creative news, and a bunch of pretty images. It is totally free, and I promise NO SPAM!
Get the apps referenced in the book!
- Instagr.am – Get it and create and account! It is totally free. It is like twitter for your camera. Not only can you quickly share photos, you can follow your friends and favorite photographers. Heck, you can even follow me. Just search for JustinBalog and click the follow button.
- Camera! (Camera Awesome) Camera Awesome, is just that….awesome! It not only provides both powerful capture tools and endless editing possibilities, Camera Awesome can back up your memories to the SumgMug.com cloud! Now that is awesome! If your not a SumgMug user, you can use the coupon code HOSSEDIA to save yourself 20% at sign up!
- Snapseed – You could probably stop reading here and just get Snapseed. It is an iOS tool so you can use it on your iPad, Mac, and iPhone for one easy payment of $4.99. It was also developed by really smart engineers who were smart enough to make it super powerful, but totally easy to use. If your iPhone app budget is only $5.00, just get Snapseed. It is awesome!
- iPhoto – If you like iPhoto on your Mac, why not add it to your iPhone?
- Tiffen Photo FX – Not only do you get a great group of filters (GNDs, NDs, Polarizers, UV, etc…), you get masks, brushes, and layers. All that for $2.99. You can’t beat it!
- Camera+ Not only does this app offer a complete work-flow from stylizing to framing, it also boasts some very cool features to improve your capture. You know, things like stabilizers, burst mode, and the best of all…exposure and focus separation controls!
- Hipstamatic – Keep it real with a configurable camera that let’s you choose film, lens, and flash types. You can get a fully outfitted kit for under $10.00!
- The Best Camera - An app, developed in tandem with Chase Jarvis, that allows you to capture, edit, and share all your images single-handedly. Plus, the online community you get access to is a great way spend some time in a waiting room. I’m photographer #15879 and you can find me here.
- Photoshop Express – Yep, there is CS5, Elements, and now Express. The app is free and lets you control global adjustment like contrast, saturation, tint, etc. You can also share your images via your own personal online galleries.
- Tilt Shift Generator – I really can’t get enough of this app. Sometimes I use it to fake bokeh. Or, if you just want to make everything you see appear to be part of your model railroad you can do that too.
- 100 Cameras in 1 This is a great little app. It serves three important purposes. 1) It is a quick 1 stop shop to enhance your images (click, add filter, and your done!). 2) It has international textures. Yep, Trey Ratcliff assembled textures from around the world for this one. 3) I think it is the only app that offers game center capabilities. I haven’t quite figured it out yet, but once I unlock some hidden treasures I will let you know!
Get the gear referenced in the book!
- Mophie – It’s 1/2 battery and 1/2 case. The perfect way to extend your creative adventure.
- Glif – A convenient bracket to attach your iPhone to your tripod.
- Olloclip – 3 lenses in 1! Just slip them over the corner of your iPhone and you have a wide-angle, macro, and fisheye lens at your disposal.
- Gorilla Pod – An easily adjustable tripod that can mount to pretty much anything.
- Telephoto Lens – Get closer without losing any precious megapixels.